This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive a commission with no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure.
If you are looking for beautiful, funny, and very inspirational quotes on distractions, you are in the right place: I’ve got a hundred!
With all the digital things that compete for our attention every second of every day, it’s easy to find yourself constantly distracted and highly ineffective. Not even mentioning people, pets, kids, our own thoughts, and other sources of the repeated interruptions in the workspace!
Even though there are ways to manage all those distraction factors to ensure higher productivity levels, sometimes you need a little bit of extra motivation to stay laser-focused on your goals. That’s why I created this list of 100 wise inspirational quotes about different kinds of distractions we face in life.
Use them for daily motivation, put your favorites on your vision board, or just bookmark this page and come back sometimes for a little reminder to stay on track with your goals!
How to avoid getting distracted frequently when working
To avoid distractions at work as much as possible, you need to identify all of them and treat them individually. From letting your colleagues know your available time windows to putting your phone in Do Not Disturb mode for a focused period of time, there are plenty of little things to improve your work routines and eliminate interrupting factors.
I’ve been talking quite a lot about minimizing distractions recently so here are a couple of posts you may wanna check out to get some tips!
Most beautiful distraction quotes
- If we are paying attention to our lives, we’ll recognize those defining moments. The challenge for so many of us is that we are so deep into daily distractions and ‘being busy, busy’ that we miss out on those moments and opportunities that – if jumped on – would get our careers and personal lives to a whole new level of wow. – Robin S. Sharma
- Your results are the product of either personal focus or personal distractions. The choice is yours. – John Di Lemme
- Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short. – Adam Hochschild
- By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination. – Christopher Columbus
- You can’t do big things if you’re distracted by small things.
- We lead our lives so poorly because we arrive in the present always unprepared, incapable, and too distracted for everything. – Rainer Maria Rilke
- We should not be distracted by anything; neither by dreams, whether evil or seemingly good, nor by the thought of anything, whether good or bad, nor by distress or deceitful joy, nor by self-conceit or despair, nor by depression or elation, nor by a sense of abandonment or by illusory help and strength, nor by negligence or progress, nor by laziness or seeming zeal, nor by apparent dispassion or passionate attachment. Rather with humility we should strive to maintain a state of stillness, free from all distraction, knowing that no one can do us harm unless we ourselves wish for it. – Peter Of Damascus
- Don’t be on your deathbed someday, having squandered your one chance at life, full of regret because you pursued little distractions instead of big dreams. – Derek Sivers
- We rarely find answers in the distractions. But oh what possibilities live within the quiet of solitude. – Scott Stabile
- Disconnect from everything long enough to see if it feeds your soul or if it’s a distraction. What’s deeply connected will always remain. – Maryam Hasnaa
- One way to boost our will power and focus is to manage our distractions instead of letting them manage us. – Daniel Goleman
- Keep your mind off the things you don’t want by keeping it on the things you do want. – W. Clement Stone
- Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed. – Paulo Coelho
- Believe in yourself, don’t let no man define your future, work hard at your trade as if no man exist to help you and focus should be your lens against distractions. – Oscar Bimpong
- Most of the people in the world are just distracted and work only on the surface but if you will be deep enough to concentrate and study or rehearse anything, the world will bow in honor of you. – Sunday Adelaja
- Keep making a difference out there! Don’t let the noise around you distract you from listening to the voice within you. – Farshad Asl
- To choose art means to turn one’s back on the world, or at least on certain of its distractions. – Melvin Maddocks
- Certain things catch your eye but pursue only those that capture the heart.
- Manifestation blossoms when we turn down or tune out doubtful noise. – T.F. Hodge
- Never pay attention to the distractions in life. Focus on possibilities. – Lailah Gifty Akita
- Instead of focusing on how much you can accomplish, focus on how much you can absolutely love what you’re doing. – Leo Babauta
- One look at an email can rob you of 15 minutes of focus. One call on your cell phone, one tweet, one instant message can destroy your schedule, forcing you to move meetings, or blow off really important things, like love, and friendship. – Siegfried Lenz
- Don’t let mediocrity distract you from greatness. – Asad Meah
- Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus. – Alexander Graham Bell
- Less distraction, more focus. Less gossip, more encouragement. Less past, more future. Less toxicity, more positivity. – Robin Sharma
Funny quotes about distractions in life
- That’s right, sweetheart. Dreams and goals are Satan’s way of distracting you from making dinner.
- My imagination functions much better when I don’t have to speak to people. – Patricia Highsmith
- Say no to distraction so you can say yes to your destiny. – Thema Davis
- You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks. – Winston S. Churchill
- You have to be so disciplined that even your distractions become focused. – Onyi Anyado
- No more distractions. It’s time to be selfish.
- Meditation quarantines distractions. – Khang Kijarro Nguyen
- One of the points about distractions is that everything that they do is destabilizing. – Bruce Sterling
- Game changers will, most of the time, throw you off your game. – S.A. Tawks
- I can’t clean because I get distracted by all the cool stuff I find.
- Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember: the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you. – Zig Ziglar
- Normal people live distracted, rarely fully present. Weird people silence the distractions and remain fully in the moment. – Craig Groeschel
- Thinking is good for your mind, but too much thinking leads to distraction. – Ehabib
- Stop letting other people hijack your day. – Frank Sonnenberg
- When a person can’t find a deep sense of meaning, they distract themselves with pleasure. – Viktor Frankl
- If Satan cannot have your heart, he’ll do his best to distract it.
- TV is a distraction from being awesome. – James Blacker
- I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest. – Venus Williams
- You can always find a distraction if you’re looking for one. – Tom Kite
- My main focus is to always try to be myself first, and then, hey, if I wear a cool jacket, that’s a bonus. – John Krasinski
- People don’t want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messed cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown. – Chuck Palahniuk
- The safest road to hell is the gradual one – the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. – C. S. Lewis
- If you can’t focus, refocus. – Meshack Sewe
- If you want success and wealth, then stop spending too much time on cyber world. ― Ehabib
- Distracted from distraction by distraction – T. S. Eliot
Inspirational quotes about distractions for better focus
- Release the distractions that are holding you back and focus on one thing only: getting it done.
- Starve your distractions. Feed your focus.
- Focus on what you can control and let go of what you can’t.
- Social media not only snatches your time, but it also teaches you attention deficiency. – Neeraj Agnihotri
- On the road to your target, you see other roads to other targets. Those who are hopeless from their target often turn to these new targets and disappear on the horizon of these new roads. – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- Winning teams have the least amount of distractions. They have a really tight group of people working towards the same common goal. – Larry Dixon
- Be so busy improving yourself that you don’t have time to pay attention to anything or anyone that distracts you from your growth.
- How tragic it is to find that an entire lifetime is wasted in pursuit of distractions while purpose is neglected. – Sunday Adelaja
- An addiction to distraction is the end of your creative production. – Robin Sharma
- You face distractions, you face adversity in life and you have to be able to handle it, you have to be able to fight through it and become a better man and become a better player because of it. – Ryan Tannehill
- Be aware when distractions come your way. You’ll know it’s a distraction when you stop doing what you’re supposed to be doing and find yourself pondering things that have no value. – Beverly R. Imes
- Happiness can only be found if you free yourself of all other distractions. – Saul Bellow
- Writing is a very lonely occupation. To write you need to concentrate, to concentrate you need to lock yourself away. No distractions; you want your stream of thought uninterrupted. – Vikas Swarup
- Whatever you want to do, do with full passion and work really hard towards it. Don’t look anywhere else. There will be a few distractions, but if you can be true to yourself, you will be successful for sure. – Virat Kohli
- The result of information overload is usually distraction, and it dilutes your focus and takes you off your game. – Zig Ziglar
- Until you shut down the doors to distractions you are not yet ready to succeed. – Topsy Gift
- We also need to be willing to make room in our lives for the impending birth of our dreams. This might mean emptying our life of clutter such as wasted time, energy, resources, or draining relationships. These things can jeopardize our dreams by distracting us at a time when we should be more focused than ever. – Christine Caine
- Great entrepreneurs focus intensely on an opportunity where others see nothing. This focus and intensity helps to eliminate wasted effort and distractions. Most companies die from indigestion rather than starvation, i.e., companies suffer from doing too many things at the same time rather than doing too few things very well. – Naveen Jain
- There are always distractions if you allow them. – Tony La Russa
- What sets disciplined people apart? – The capacity to get past distractions. Focus on the task at hand. – Bill Parcells
- Eliminate all distractions and focus on things that add value to your life. – Sunday Adelaja
- I’m here to build something for the long-term. Anything else is a distraction. – Mark Zuckerberg
- Distractions are part of the journey in Pursuit of your Purpose, manage it without compromising your focus on your dreams. – Oscar Bimpong
- When I meet with the founders of a new company, my advice is almost always, ‘Do fewer things.’ It’s true of partnerships, marketing opportunities, anything that’s taking up your time. The vast majority of things are distractions, and very few really matter to your success. – Evan Williams
- Fight for what you want. Never allow anything to distract you. – Lailah Gifty Akita
Let’s completely remove distractions! Best no distraction quotes
- Be about actions, not distractions.
- Stop getting distracted by things that have nothing to do with your goals.
- Not everyone who’s been around you in your journey of life is worth keeping. Some have been there to distract you from reaching your purpose. – Mitta Xinindlu
- Distractions destroy action. If it’s not moving you towards your purpose, leave it alone. – Jermaine Riley
- Focus on your goal. Don’t look in any direction but ahead.
- You won’t be distracted by comparison if you are captivated with your purpose. – Bob Goff
- Your time keeps flying away into vanity while you dine with your distractions. Your life keeps diminishing while you waste your time feeding your distractions. – Sunday Adelaja
- We are so distracted and focused on what’s next, we can fail to see what is actually in front of us. – Yungblud
- Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them. – Jack Canfield
- Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days. – Zig Ziglar
- Your to-do list should include items that need to be accomplished for the month, the week, and each day. You must then ask yourself how much time you need to block off to achieve each task. Time blocking allows you to minimize distractions and to maximize your efficiency as you work to complete this list. – Clay Clark
- Stop letting your devices dictate your days.
- If you commit to nothing, you are distracted by everything.
- We’re surrounded by distractions. Whether it’s emails, phone calls, text messages, social media notifications, or people entering and leaving your workspace, those distractions end up eating a good portion of your time. – John Rampton
- A wealth of information creates a poverty of attention. – Herbert Simon
- You have to have a dream, whether big or small. Then plan well, focus, work hard, and be very determined to achieve your goals. – Henry Sy
- Win or lose you will never regret working hard, making sacrifices, being disciplined or focusing too much. – John Smith
- If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present. – Roy T. Bennett
- If you understand that a wasted time is a wasted life, you will start running away from television, you will begin to run away from movies, you will run away from games like criminal case and candy crush. – Sunday Adelaja
- I didnt pay atteniton to times or distance, instead focusing on how it felt just to be in motion, knowing it wasn’t about the finish line but how I got there that mattered. – Sarah Dessen
- You never know the plan. You never know what’s going to happen. We are not even promised tomorrow. I just try to focus on one day at a time. – Morgan Wallen
- If you don’t know your purpose, discover it, now. The core of your life is your purpose. Everything in your life, from your diet to your career, must be aligned with your purpose if you are to act with coherence and integrity in the world. If you know your purpose, your deepest desire, then the secret of success is to discipline your life so that you support your deepest purpose and minimize distractions and detours. – David Deida
- Focus is a matter of deciding what things you’re not going to do. – John Carmack
- There’s so many things running through your mind. If you can formulate a game plan that works for you and allows you to block outside distractions and get to what matters, that’s how the talent is able to come out. – Jake Arrieta
- Until my ONE thing is done, everything else is a distraction. – Gary W. Keller
Final thoughts on distractions quotes
These were my 100 favorite inspiring quotes on life distractions!
I always feel extremely motivated when I receive some wisdom from people who achieved something big in life, hope you do too!
Stick to your goals, don’t lose focus, and don’t let anyone or anything distract you from your chosen path! Use quotes as a reminder and extra push but only rely on yourself and your growth mindset to achieve great results!